Daintree Family Holiday
Leave hustle and bustle in the rear-view mirror on this five-day journey to some of the world’s oldest tropical rainforest and the untouched coast it spills onto. This family-focused trip takes you into the heart of the land the Kuku Yalanji people have called home for 50,000 years, into the complex ecosystem of the forest and deserted white-sand beaches. You and your family will have the chance to learn about hunting native plants from a First Nations guide, encounter crocodiles and colourful birds on a cruise through mangrove thickets and walk under heavy green canopy in Mossman Gorge.
- Port Douglas - Orientation Tour
- Barron Gorge National Park - Din Din Barron Falls lookout
- Port Douglas - Sunset River Cruise
- Kuranda - Kuranda Village Visit
- Daintree National Park - Cooper Creek wildlife cruise
- Daintree National Park - Cape Tribulation Lookout & Beach Walk
- Daintree Rainforest - Nature Walk with Local Guide
- Mossman Gorge - Guided rainforest walk
- Kuyu Kuyu (Cooya Beach) - Kuku Yalanji Cultural Habitat tour
- Spend most of the day picking your jaw up off the floor as you explore the world’s oldest rainforest - including a private area that isn't open to the general public.
- The kids will love spotting crocodiles during a wildlife cruise on Cooper Creek, with expert eyes on board to point out creatures hidden in the forest.
- Take a guided walk along the pristine, rainforest-rimmed beach of Cape Tribulation, learning about the unique coastal wilderness that’s been home to the Kuku Yalanji people for thousands of years.
- After warm days spent walking deserted beaches and rambling through the rainforest, relax in the comfort of your 4-star resort accommodation, complete with a swimming pool.
- Family Vacations
Our leaders are born and raised in-country, and they know their destination better than anyone. So you’ll do more than just see a place, you’ll live it. Small groups, big adventures and responsible travel – that’s our thing. With 1,000 trips in a variety of styles across 100 countries, we’re sure you’ll find something you like. So let’s get started.
1. Real life experiences
What is travel but a search for something that can’t be Googled? We love the highlights, but the real magic for us happens well away from a beaten path. It’s the little noodle bars, hidden galleries and backstreet bodegas and real life experiences you won’t find in a search engine.
2. Connected by travel
The beauty of small group travel isn’t just new places, it’s new perspectives. It’s the stories you hear and the friendships you forge, the ones that stick around long after the tan has faded. Our travellers come from all walks of life; what unites them is where they’re going.
3. Travel works best when it's balanced
Time is your most precious resource, especially on a holiday. That’s why our trips are built with balance in mind. A little group time, a little you time – the way it should be. And because our tours have an average of just 10 people, there’s more of the world to go round.
4. With great travel comes great responsibility
The world’s a pretty amazing place, and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. And all it takes is a little dash of self-awareness, a slightly softer tread. Sustainable travel doesn’t mean no fun. It means that fun can be used to benefit others. Respect.
5. Adventure should be for everyone
Age, pillow preference, budget, travelling solo or together – it doesn’t matter where you’re from, what matters is where you’d like to go. Our mission is to deliver the best travel experiences to anyone who’s up for them. So no matter if you favour a soft landing or a wild take-off, Intrepid stands for you.
6. Our leaders are the greatest
We realised early on that the best folks to show you the heart of a destination are, funnily enough, the ones that live there. These are our leaders: travel experts and friendly locals who know their countries back to front, from every backstreet bar to every hidden gallery. They’re the big, smiling face of Intrepid (and we couldn’t be prouder).